Blue-Violet Iris Interior

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Design in Small Doses

I was a month into a graphic design program when the migraines struck (and stuck) in October of 2009, so I have four weeks worth of experience in Photoshop and Illustrator.  That's not much, but I learned just enough in each program to make them useful for my own purposes.  It'd be nice to learn more, but working in either program is extremely stressful on the brain and I'm best not doing any more than I have to.  I've found that I particularly like Illustrator, even though Photoshop is more useful for the bulk of the work I do.  Somehow the program clicks more on a intuitive level for me.  I enjoy Illustrator enough that sometimes I can't help myself and I have to do a little project despite the cost in terms of migraines.  This is something I put together for my father.



I originally was making it for his birthday (back in February), but that was too ambitious of a timetable for someone who needs to limit their screen time, so I finished it up for Father's Day instead.  The "Dad" paper doll was quite realistic, so for his privacy I have not included that image.  These are the outfits--reflecting down to the smallest details my father's real work, yard work, and leisure getups--I made to go with the doll.  I think they look pretty good!  It'd be fun to do more of this kind of thing, but with the way these design programs get my migraines revved up, it's out of the question.  Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment