Blue-Violet Iris Interior

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sweet Stuff

It smells like Jolly Ranchers in the dining room.  No wonder, since I've been a photographing-candy kick!


The stash

I'm not actually all that keen on eating this kind of candy (I have a tremendous sweet tooth, but I'm more of an ice cream and baked goods kind of gal), though I have sampled everything but the licorice, which I can't stand, to make sure that things are, um, fresh and all.  I developed in interest in the visual appearance of candy after spying this amazing photo by another Etsy seller: Grapefruit and Watermelon Candy Fruit Slices - 8x10 Fine Art Photograph  I was so inspired that I made a treasury (I Want Candy--missing several listings now, but still bright and fun!) of other colorful candy images and while six months have passed between now and then, candy has remained in the back of my mind as a subject.  With the summer photography season upon us (the rainbow colors of candy deserve to be lit by the brightest possible sunshine), I made a couple visits to the drugstore and have embarked on the pleasurable task of turning sweets into art.  I've taken photographs of all items both with and without Mouse.  Here are some of the results so far: 







So I'm having a grand time, only limited by the pitiful lack of sunshine we've had in these parts as of late.  My camera battery ran out in the middle of yesterday's Jolly Rancher session and by the time it recharged, the sun was gone and it looks from the weather report like it will be a couple more days before I can resume.  Perhaps it's just as well, since my brain is vigorously protesting this spate of visual activity and I have a hard time resisting the siren song of photographic opportunity.  Thankfully, I have some caramels to keep me company while I wait for favorable conditions of all kinds to come back my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment