Blue-Violet Iris Interior

Monday, July 11, 2011

On Point


This is the nefarious stair handrail corner that has brought my world to a halt.  After many hours of icing my head in the darkness, I've had some marginal improvement, but I'm still terribly queasy, very light sensitive (though I would say there has been a bit of progress on the noise sensitivity front), decidedly worn out, subject to shooting migraine pain when exposed to the slightest trigger, and, I must confess, starting to see my mood slip.  I shouldn't be on the computer at all, but it's hard to spend so many days in bed doing nothing (I'm awake for most of the time, unfortunately), so I'm getting a few minutes of socialization, etc., while wearing my darkest sunglasses before I start up the next round of ice.  I've put a call into my neurologist to see if there's anything else I should be doing, but I don't have high expectations that they have any magic solutions; they never have, when it has come to my headaches, so it's unlikely they can do much to break this cycle.  Anyway, time for me to go back into the darkness so my brain doesn't have anything to get stimulated by.  If you want me, that's where I'll be, waiting and hoping (but mostly just waiting).

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you are still suffering from this. That handrail looks like it would hurt, especially that corner of it. i hope you get some relief from the headaches and queasies soon.

    ReplyDelete